Frequently asked questions for self help.
Knowledge base article 167Activation requested on every run (after successful activation)
Most likely, a standard Windows registry key is missing, The key points to a shared area for storing program data.
To check and fix:
- Start REGEDIT (type this into the Windows search box)
- Navigate to: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- Check the for the existence of the key "Common AppData". Note this should point to your local drives c:\ProgramData.
- If this key does not exist, create it as follows:
- Right-click over Shell Folders and select New/String Value.
- For the name, enter: Common AppData
- Double click on the new entry and set value to: C:\ProgramData
- Reactivate Ability.