Foire aux questions pour l'auto-assistance.
Veuillez jeter un coup d'œil aux questions (et réponses) courantes dans la liste par défaut. Si vous ne trouvez pas ce que vous cherchez, commencez par sélectionner votre version Ability Office , puis affinez-la en saisissant le texte de recherche et/ou la catégorie.
Article de la base de connaissances 115General File/Send problems
When an Ability application loads, it checks Windows to see if a service called "MAPI" is installed. If yes, then it makes File/Send available in the menus (if not, this command is hidden). MAPI is typically installed by Outlook Express, Outlook and some other email programs. There is a problem with MAPI in that there are different versions and sometimes MAPI configuration and other internet settings can cause File/Send to fail.
Before reporting File/Send problems, please check the following:
- Is Send visible on the file menu? If not, MAPI is not installed - try installing Outlook Express.
- Does Send work from other applications? Try a Microsoft application - select Start/Accessories/Wordpad, type some text and select File/Send. If this fails then something is wrong with your MAPI or Email client setup. Check with your email client vendor for a FAQ on this topic.
- Will your email client accept some attachments and not others? When using File/Send, Ability will default to it's own format. Try saving in a Microsoft format (e.g. Word or Excel) using the File/Save As command and then repeating the File/Send.
Two further points:
- Will the recipient of your email be able to read the file you are about to send - for example, see Knowledge Base Article 64: The receiver cannot read emails from Write.
- If you still cannot get File/Send to work, simply save the file, switch to your email client, create an email and insert the attachment using the commands available in your email client (typically Insert/Attachment or a toolbar button showing a paperclip.
Finally, when reporting File/Send problems to Ability, please make sure you state the default mail client in use and as much detail from the above as possible.