Vanliga frågor för självhjälp.
Ta en snabb titt på vanliga frågor (och svar) i standardlistan. Om du inte hittar det du letar efter, börja med att välja din Ability Office version och sedan begränsa den genom att ange söktext och/eller kategori.
Kunskapsbasartikel 115General File/Send problems
When an Ability application loads, it checks Windows to see if a service called "MAPI" is installed. If yes, then it makes File/Send available in the menus (if not, this command is hidden). MAPI is typically installed by Outlook Express, Outlook and some other email programs. There is a problem with MAPI in that there are different versions and sometimes MAPI configuration and other internet settings can cause File/Send to fail.
Before reporting File/Send problems, please check the following:
- Is Send visible on the file menu? If not, MAPI is not installed - try installing Outlook Express.
- Does Send work from other applications? Try a Microsoft application - select Start/Accessories/Wordpad, type some text and select File/Send. If this fails then something is wrong with your MAPI or Email client setup. Check with your email client vendor for a FAQ on this topic.
- Will your email client accept some attachments and not others? When using File/Send, Ability will default to it's own format. Try saving in a Microsoft format (e.g. Word or Excel) using the File/Save As command and then repeating the File/Send.
Two further points:
- Will the recipient of your email be able to read the file you are about to send - for example, see Knowledge Base Article 64: The receiver cannot read emails from Write.
- If you still cannot get File/Send to work, simply save the file, switch to your email client, create an email and insert the attachment using the commands available in your email client (typically Insert/Attachment or a toolbar button showing a paperclip.
Finally, when reporting File/Send problems to Ability, please make sure you state the default mail client in use and as much detail from the above as possible.