Frequently asked questions for self help.
Please take a quick look at common questions (and answers) in the default list. If you can't find what you're looking for, start off by selecting your Ability Office version and then narrow it down by entering search text and/or category.
Knowledge base article 174Error or problem when activating the software
To validate a serial number, please visit the serial number validator.
- The serial number has already been activated by another user - if you purchased directly from ability.com, please use the same email address as you entered at the time of purchase. The purchase process itself locks your serial number and email address together. If you are re-installing, please use the email first used when activating. You can validate the email address using our the serial number validator. Any further problems, please send full details to support - see below.
- The serial number appears to be invalid - the serial number is always in the format XXXXX-XXXXX i.e. two banks of 5 alpha-numerics separated by a hyphen. Also, please make sure the email and serial number are not entered into each others edit-boxes.
- The serial number is for an older versions - you have installed the latest version from our website but your serial number is for a previous version. Two options:
Please try the serial number validator!
If you cannot resolve activation problems, please contact support.
Please note: we always need to know 3 things:
- What serial number is being entered
- What error message is displayed
- What email address is being used