Frequently asked questions for self help.
Knowledge base article 70How to make a page border
You can use the Format/Page Background feature of Write to make almost any border pattern you want. The steps are:
- Start Photopaint, select File/New and set the image size roughly the size of typical stationary (e.g. 640x960)
- Use the Select menu to Select All.
- Use the fill tool to make the page white (or you can choose a different color or pattern).
- Use the Select menu and select Contract and contract by 50.
- Again use the Select menu and select Invert.
- You now have an area to fill in whatever style you want or use the drawing tools in combination with the square brush to draw out any shape.
- Save the file in a simple graphic format. For example, File/Save As/GIF and call it "border".
- In Write, select Format/Page Background and set Display to "Stretch", tick the From Filecheck box and browse to open the border graphic.
NB: click on the GIF to preview it and right-click over it and select Save Target As to download. To use these examples, you must download and save both files in the pair.
|border4.aww||border4.gif||Page Curl - uses Filters/Artistic/Page Curl in Photopaint|