Frequently asked questions for self help.
Please take a quick look at common questions (and answers) in the default list. If you can't find what you're looking for, start off by selecting your Ability Office version and then narrow it down by entering search text and/or category.
Knowledge base article 173Activation required on each run of an Ability application (after successful activation)
Cause is a missing registry key - Windows should have a record of where the program data folder is in the registry.
To check and fix:
- Start REGEDIT (type this into the Windows search box)
- Navigate to:
- Check for the existence of the key "Common AppData". Note this should point to your local drive's c:\ProgramData.
- If this key does not exist, create it as follows:
- Right-click over Shell Folders and select
- For the name, enter:
- Double click on the new entry and set value to:
- Reactivate Ability.