Frequently asked questions for self help.
Knowledge base article 173Activation required on each run of an Ability application
Cause is a missing registry key - Windows should have a record of where the program data folder is in the registry.
To check and fix:
- Start REGEDIT (type this into the Windows search box)
- Navigate to:
- Check for the existence of the key "Common AppData". Note this should point to your local drive's c:\ProgramData.
- If this key does not exist, create it as follows:
- Right-click over Shell Folders and select
- For the name, enter:
- Double click on the new entry and set value to:
- Reactivate Ability.