Frequently asked questions for self help.
Please take a quick look at common questions (and answers) in the default list. If you can't find what you're looking for, start off by selecting your Ability Office version and then narrow it down by entering search text and/or category.
Knowledge base article 145ZIP install set for non-internet connected PCs
You can download a zip of the install set and use this to:
- Trouble-shoot the direct install method
- Install on a PC not connected to the internet
- Create a CD as a backup install set
- Download the the zip in the appropriate language:
Professional Standard English Ability_PROF_en.zip Ability_STAND_en.zip French Ability_PROF_fr.zip Ability_STAND_fr.zip German Ability_PROF_de.zip Ability_STAND_de.zip Dutch Ability_PROF_nl.zip Ability_STAND_nl.zip Swedish Ability_PROF_sv.zip Ability_STAND_sv.zip Spanish Ability_PROF_es.zip Ability_STAND_es.zip Portuguese Ability_PROF_pt.zip Ability_STAND_pt.zip Italian Ability_PROF_it.zip Ability_STAND_it.zip
- Unzip into a new folder. Important - the install cannot be run from within the zip - the downloaded zip file must be unzipped i.e. you need to extract all the files into a new folder.
- Run setup.exe or Ability.MSI directly.
- To create a CD/DVD, burn the contents of the unzipped folder directly to your CD/DVD drive so that the setup.exe appears in the root folder of the CD.