Frequently asked questions for self help.
Please take a quick look at common questions (and answers) in the default list. If you can't find what you're looking for, start off by selecting your Ability Office version and then narrow it down by entering search text and/or category.
Knowledge base article 140Database limits (maximum number of records etc)
Ability Database has the same limits as other databases driven by the Microsoft Jet database engine (including Microsoft Access).
Please note there is no limit to the number of records you can have in any table. The overall limit is determined by file size only. Internally at Ability, we have used the database with several hundred thousand records and found it to handle this amount without problem.
The most important limits are as follows:
- File size: 2 GB
- Table size: 2 GB (less some space for system tables)
- Number of objects (tables, queries etc) in a database 32,768
- Number of characters in an object (table, query, field) name 64
- Number of concurrent users 255
- Number of fields in a table 255
- Number of characters in a Text field 255
- Number of characters in a Memo field 65,535
- Number of indexes in a table 32
- Number of fields in an index 10