Domande frequenti per l'auto-aiuto.
Si prega di dare una rapida occhiata alle domande (e risposte) comuni nell'elenco predefinito. Se non riesci a trovare quello che stai cercando, inizia selezionando la tua versione di Ability Office e poi restringila inserendo il testo di ricerca e/o la categoria.
Articolo della base di conoscenza 81Can Database be used with MySQL
MySQL is a poweful Database Server that is used on many database driven websites - see http://www.mysql.com. Ability Database can be used to act as a "front end" - the application that displays and edits data. The following steps outline how to connect the two. It assumes that Ability Database is running on the local Windows PC and MySQL is running on a server (remote or local).
- Download and install the MySQL ODBC driver. See: http://www.mysql.com/products/myodbc/.
- Create a new ODBC data source: Goto Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Data Sources ODBC.
- On the User DSN, select Add and select the MYSQL driver (if you can't see this, check instructions for step 1).
- Give it a name: e.g. MySQLAbilityTest
- Enter the server name, the database name, the username and password - you may have to contact your network adminstrator for these details.
- Start Ability Database and create a new blank database.
- Select File/Import and choose ODBC as the driver and OK
- Select the Machine Data Source tab and choose MySQLAbilityTest
- You should now see a list of tables (if not go back to step 5 and try the Test button)
- Choose a table and, assuming you want to work with live data rather than import a copy of the data, select "Attach"
You can now use and edit the table as though it were a normal Ability table.